Tomorrow will be a very special day for the French as the nation will celebrate Bastille Day. In Paris the traditional giant military parade on the Champs-Élysées will feature hundreds of soldiers marching down the prestigious avenue, as well as horses and vehicles while aircrafts and helicopters will fly following the Historical Axis of the capital.
On an earlier post we mentioned that the preparations for the military parade of Bastille Day in Paris were taking shape with the installations and facilities being set up. Tomorrow the giant parade will take place from 10.30am – or even before if you wish to see the French president driving down the Champs-Élysées.
A Few Facts about the 2015 Military Parade:
- The length of the parade between the Arc de Triomphe and the Place de la Concorde is approximately of 2.5 kms.
- The guest of honour for the 2015 military parade is Mexico.
- The parade will be opened by 55 aircrafts, 46 from the French Air Force, 3 from foreign AF, and 6 from the French Navy.
- 3,501 soldiers will parade down the Champs-Élysées.
- There will be 241 horses and 208 vehicles.
- The parade will end with the flight of 31 helicopters from the land Army, the Air Force, the Navy, the Gendarmerie and the Sécurité Civile.