Welcome to French Moments, an online resource platform that specialises in everything French!
These Terms of Service refer to the Online Courses offered on the French Moments website and related services.
The French Moments website and services include (without limitation) all websites and other interactive properties through which the service is delivered. The websites https://frenchmoments.eu and https://mon-grand-est.fr are owned by Pierre Guernier, and operated and distributed by French Moments Ltd. (referred to in these Terms of Service as “French Moments” or “we” and through similar words such as “us”, “our”, etc.), registered in England and Wales under company registration number 10161188, with registered office at Bell House, High Street, Burwash, Etchingham East Sussex TN19 7EH.
If you do not agree to any of these terms, you should not use our Online Courses.
These Terms of Service apply to all users who have registered for an online course.
We may, at our sole discretion, modify these Terms of Service at any time. By accessing the Online Courses at any time after such modifications, you are agreeing to such modifications. These Terms of Service were last modified as of November 4, 2020.
Description of the Online Courses
The Online Courses created and operated by French Moments allow students to find courses that they are interested in taking.
We reserve the right to refuse to provide the Online Courses to any person for any reason and/or to discontinue the Online Courses in whole or in part at any time, with or without prior notice.
Copyright, Licenses and User Submissions
The entire content of the Online Courses are protected by international copyright and other proprietary rights. The owner of the copyrights is French Moments Ltd.
You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute, in any manner, the material of the Online Courses, including text, graphics, code and/or software.
You may print and download portions of material from the different areas of the Online Courses solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials, and not to share any material that you paid for with anyone else who has not also purchased a license for that material.
You may not use any robots, spiders, or similar data mining, data gathering or extraction tools or manual processes to collect, gather or copy any content or data on or related to the Online Courses in a manner not authorised by French Moments in writing. You may not engage in practices of “screen scraping,” “database scraping” or any other practice or activity the purpose of which is to obtain lists of users, portions of a database, or other lists or information from the Online Courses, in any manner and any quantities not authorised by French Moments in writing. You may not frame or utilise framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout or form) of French Moments without express written consent. You may not use meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilising the French Moments name without the express written consent of French Moments.
Content submitted by users for inclusion on the Online Courses (including, without limitation, any information submitted on message boards or other public areas of the Online Courses) is sometimes referred to in these Terms of Service as “User Submissions.” Whether or not any User Submission is published, it will be subject to these Terms of Service. French Moments does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to a User Submission, regardless of whether or not it is published. You are solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to your User Submissions (and all content included therein), including the right to authorise French Moments to use the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Online Courses and these Terms of Service.
You hereby grant to French Moments a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license, with the right to sub-license, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any User Submissions or any other materials or information (including, without limitation, ideas for new or improved products or services) you communicate to French Moments by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed. You also grant to French Moments the right to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You agree that you shall have no recourse against French Moments for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to French Moments.
We neither endorse nor assume any liability for the contents of any User Submission. We generally do not pre-screen, monitor, or edit User Submissions. However, we have the right at their sole discretion to remove any User Submission or other content that, in our judgment, does not comply with these Terms of Service and any other rules of user conduct for the Online Courses, or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. We are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing any such User Submission or other content. You hereby consent to such removal and waive any claim against us arising out of such removal of any User Submission, whether it is your own or another user’s. See “Copyrights, Licenses and User Submissions” above for a description of the procedures to be followed in the event that any party believes that a User Submission infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party.
French Moments will not tolerate violations of intellectual property rights on the Online Courses. To provide French Moments notice of an infringement, you must provide a written communication to us.
The following terms apply to your use of the Online Courses and any account that you may open or attempt to open via the Online Courses:
- You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under age 18, you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use our Online Courses.
- You must be a human to open an account. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. We view any actions taken by your account as taken by you. French Moments will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
We reserve the right, at any time, to change any fees or charges for using any services provided on the Online Courses (or to begin charging fees for any free service), provided that such changes will not apply to fees or charges paid or free services used prior to the time of the change.
Rules for All Users
When you sign up for the French Moments sites, you agree to the following rules:
- You will use the Online Courses only for lawful purposes and agree to not use the Online Courses in any way that will infringe upon the use or rights of any other user.
- Your use of the Online Courses is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and you are solely responsible for the substance of your communications through the Online Courses.
- You will not upload any copyrighted, trademarked, or proprietary materials on the Online Courses without the expressed permission of French Moments. You will not post any content that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any party.
- You agree that you will not engage in any behaviour that constitutes unauthorised or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as “spamming”), chain letters, any other form of unauthorised solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling.
- You will not share content from the Online Courses with anyone who is not properly licensed to access the content.
- You will not upload, share, post, distribute or otherwise partake in any behaviour that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or otherwise violates our rules or policies.
- You will not partake in any behaviour that victimises, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
- You will not share software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorised access to any data or other information of any third party.
- You will not impersonate any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives.
- You will not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorised access to another network or server. Not all parts of the Online Courses may be available to you or other authorised users of the Online Courses. You shall not interfere with anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Online Courses. Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability.
Specific Rules for Students
When you enrol in an online course on the French Moments sites, you agree to the following rules:
- You will accept all of the terms and conditions including the cancellation policy listed in the Online Courses when you agree to enrol in or access a course on the French Moments sites.
- You will follow all reasonable rules set by a teacher with respect to a course, and you will not take any actions to interfere with the teacher or any other students in the course.
- You may access course content for your information and personal use only.
- You will not copy any materials or techniques for purposes of your own or others’ courses, or for interfering with any course or the teacher’s ongoing relationship with any students participating in such course.
- French Moments reserves the right to delete or suspend your account if you violate any of our rules, or at any time and for any reason.
Each online course is fully payable in advance.
French Moments offers a 30-Day guarantee whereby students can request a full refund, minus the Gateway fees (PayPal, Stripe, or bank charges) within the initial 30 day period.
Beyond that deadline, payments are nonrefundable and there are no refund or credits for partially used Online Courses. Following any cancellation, you will stop having access to your online course.
To request a refund, please send us an email (info[at]frenchmoments.com). Please allow 2-3 business days for refunds to be processed.
We reserve the right to adjust pricing for our Online Courses, or any components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion.
Any price changes to an online course will not affect the price the student initially paid.
French Moments Rights
French Moments reserves the following rights:
- We can make changes to the French Moments’ Sites and Online Courses without notice or liability.
- We have the right to terminate your account, payment, or other affiliation with the Online Courses at any time and for any reason. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use our Online Courses in that jurisdiction.
- We will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in investigating suspected criminal violations.
- We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any online course, comment, or other posted comment at any time and for any reason.
French Moments is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions, and it is our policy not to comment on the reasons for any such action.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Online Courses included therein are provided without warranty of any kind, either express and implied. Without limiting the foregoing, we make no warranty that:
- the Online Courses will meet your requirements,
- the Online courses will be uninterrupted, timely secure, or error-free,
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the Online Courses will be effective, accurate or reliable, or
- the quality of any course that you attend, or any other products, services, or information purchased or obtained by you from the Online Courses from us or our affiliates will meet your expectations or be free from mistakes, errors or defects.
The Online Courses could include technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors.
We may make changes to the Online Courses and any of the content or features included therein, including the prices and access rules for any functionality, at any time without notice.
The content included on the Online Courses may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such content.
The use of the Online Courses or the downloading or other acquisition of any materials through the Online Courses is done at your own discretion and risk and with your agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss of data that results from such activities.
You understand and agree that temporary interruptions of the Online Courses may occur as normal events. You further understand and agree that we have no control over third party networks you may access in the course of the use of the Online Courses, and therefore, delays and disruption of other network transmissions are completely beyond our control.
You understand and agree that the Online Courses is provided “AS IS” and that we assume no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalisation settings.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms of services will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.