The Fun Fair of the Tuileries
The fun fair of the Tuileries attracts more than 3 million tourists and Parisians every year, who come with family or friends to enjoy the rides or sample one of the fairground specialities.
Created nearly 20 years ago, the Fête Foraine des Tuileries is the second biggest Parisian funfair after the Foire du Trône.
The list of attractions remains the same yearly, with a few exceptions. These include:
- a ghost train
- bumper cars
- rides for the very young (merry-go-round with wooden horses, little train…)
- games of skill such as shooting, chamboule-tout and hook-a-duck games.
- a Ferris wheel (see below)
The Paris Ferris Wheel
Since 2019, the funfair has been home to the Grande Roue de Paris, the tallest Ferris wheel in France, at 60 metres high and with 48 gondolas.
This attraction dominated the Place de la Concorde for years until the Paris City Council voted for its non-renewal on 22 November 2017.
The structure was dismantled in May 2018 and reinstalled in the summer of 2019 in the Tuileries Gardens at Rue Saint-Roch for the funfair.
From the top of the Giant Ferris Wheel, you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the Tuileries Gardens, the Louvre and the main monuments of Paris.
Fun fair delights
As well as the rides, there are plenty of food stalls for visitors to enjoy.
- Dates of the 2023 edition: from 1 July 2023 to 27 August 2023
- Opening times: 11 am to midnight, until 12.45 am on Fridays and Saturdays
- Recommended age: general public
- Admission: Free entrance to the fair, but there is a charge for the rides. Prices are displayed in front of each ride.
- Venue: Jardin des Tuileries, Allée des Feuillants, 1st arrondissement
- Nearest Métro stations: Concorde, Tuileries
On the web
- Find out more about the Tuileries Garden in Paris
- A discovery-guide of the 1st Arrondissement of Paris
- Learn more about the Ferris Wheel “Grande Roue de Paris”
- The Fête Foraine des Tuileries on the official Paris Tourist Board Website
Paris Highlights Segway Tour
Discover the beauty of Paris from a unique perspective with a 2.5-hour Segway tour, where you’ll explore the city’s highlights and delve into its fascinating history. Glide gracefully along sidewalks and bike paths as you pass some of Europe’s most historic landmarks, such as Les Invalides, the iconic Eiffel Tower, and much more.
Highlights of the Paris Highlights Segway Tour:
- Embark on a Segway adventure through Europe’s most romantic city, allowing you to easily cover more ground and witness the city’s charms.
- Marvel at the breathtaking sight of iconic monuments, including the awe-inspiring Eiffel Tower, as you glide effortlessly through the city’s picturesque landscapes.
- Experience the romance of the River Seine as you pass historic bridges, immersing yourself in the timeless allure of Paris.
- Benefit from the expert knowledge of young and dynamic guides who will share insider information and reveal hidden gems that add a special touch to your tour.
- Enjoy a comprehensive Segway training session to ensure you feel completely at ease and confident as you navigate the streets of Paris on this unforgettable journey.
(f) for féminin, (m) for masculin, (adj) for adjective and (v) for verbs
- bumper cars = autos-tamponneuses (f)
- candy floss = barbe à papa (f)
- caramel apple = pomme d’amour (f)
- event = événement (m)
- Ferris Wheel = grande roue (f)
- fun fair = fête foraine (f)
- garden = jardin (m)
- merry-go-round = carrousel (m)
- ride = attraction (f)
- scary house = maison hantée (f)
- summer = été (m)
- waffle = gaufre (f)