For Christmas 2015, Paris local or visiting children are invited to ride for free on one of the 20 merry-go-rounds that will be set up across the French capital. Find below all the free merry-go-rounds participating in the operation.
2017 Update: this operation is cancelled by the City of Paris and may not be followed for Christmas 2018.
Free merry-go-rounds in Paris
The popular initiative of free merry-go-rounds in Paris had been organised by the municipality in previous years and will be back in 2015.
Approximately 20 free merry-go-rounds (carrousels) will be set up in 18 arrondissements of Paris. They will operate from mid-December 2015 to the beginning of January 2016 every day from 11am to 9pm.
Please note that all these locations are subject to change in the coming weeks and depending on the consequences of last year’s Paris attacks.
- 3rd arrondissement: Square du Temple, 64 rue de Bretagne (Métro station République)
- 3rd, 10th, 11th arrondissements: Place de la République (Métro station République)
- 4th arrondissement: Place de l’Hôtel de Ville on the rue de Rivoli side (Métro station Hôtel de Ville)
- 4th arrondissement: Place de l’Hôtel de Ville on the side of the Seine (Métro station Hôtel de Ville)
- 5th arrondissement: on the side of square St Médard (Métro station Censier-Daubenton)
- 6th arrondissement: Place Sainte Sulpice (Métro station Saint-Sulpice)
- 7th arrondissement: Place Joffre (Métro station École Militaire)
- 8th arrondissement: Place de la Concorde by the Ferris Wheel (Métro station Concorde)
- 9th arrondissement: Place Lino Ventura (Métro stations Pigalle or Anvers)
- 10th arrondissement: Place Bonsergent (Métro station Jacques Bonsergent)
- 11th arrondissement: Place du Père Chaillet (Métro station Voltaire)
- 12th arrondissement: Place de la Mairie, 130 avenue Daumesnil (Métro station Voltaire)
- 13th arrondissement: Place d’Italie, corner avenue d’Italie (Métro station Place d’Italie)
- 14th arrondissement: corner rue Didot and rue d’Alésia (Métro stations Plaisance or Alésia)
- 15th arrondissement: Esplanade Gare Montparnasse. Place Raoul Dautry (Métro station Montparnasse-Bienvenüe)
- 16th arrondissement: Place du Trocadéro (Métro station Trocadéro)
- 17th arrondissement: Place du Docteur Félix Lobligeois (Métro stations Brochant or La Fourche)
- 18th arrondissement: Square Louise Michel, 6 place Saint-Pierre (Métro station Anvers)
- 19th arrondissement: Place Armand Carrel (Métro stations Laumière or Bolivar)
- 20th arrondissement: Rue Belgrand (Métro stations Gambetta or Porte de Bagnolet)
Check out our post: Top 10 things to do at Christmas with kids in Paris.