Have you ever been standing in line at airport security trying to find everything at once and fumbling for your liquids’ bag, laptop and papers? Or flying with one of those pesky airlines which is strictly one carry on travel bag which means you have to open up your pull along bag and put everything in before boarding? You poke your laptop in the front and it falls over? Well that has definitely been me – lots of times! Then after a long journey where the flight is late AGAIN … I’d be running along with my little suitcase rolling behind me on its little wheels, trying not to bump everyone and desperately trying to make train connections! You get the idea – it’s the less glamorous side of travelling – the side we don’t write about on our blog as it doesn’t make a pretty picture! Well now we’ve found a travel bag solution that will make us look like the cool bloggers we really are when travelling!
Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. All opinions are our own.
The best travel bag for a trip to France
Will and Felix the founders of the brand Arcido made it their mission to make travel smarter and as easy as possible. They’ve developed a collection of travel bags that they themselves use to travel round the world.
After Arcido contacted us and offered to send a travel bag for French Moments to review we were instantly impressed when we unpacked it.
The good news is that they are offering French Moments’ readers a special discount and they are also giving away an Akra travel bag for one lucky reader.
The giveaway is running in January and details about how to enter and also the special discount code if you want to buy one can both be found at the bottom of this page.
We don’t do many product reviews on our blog as it’s important that we genuinely believe in what we promote. This travel bag honestly ticks all the boxes.
If you travel often or need to take gym gear and change of clothes to the office with your laptop and tech stuff each day then this travel bag is definitely one worth considering.
I don’t know about you but I am over travelling with multiple bags and travelling with too much.
Embracing a more minimalistic way of travelling is definitely on my list of goals for this year. A one travel bag solution is something that makes travelling so much easier. Reducing the items you need to take so you can enjoy the travel experience more makes so much sense.
I often travel with Aimée, my 5 year old and to have my hands free at airports to hold onto her and have papers in the other ready to board makes life so much better and safer.
This bag is super comfortable so makes carrying everything on your back really do-able.
The Akra travel bag is designed to have adequate space for clothes, shoes and tech. I tried out the bag in the French Alps and we took a few photos to show you what it looks like.
We are really impressed by it and now Pierre and I both want one! We’ll be fighting over who’s taking it on the next blog trip!
Things we love about the Akra travel bag
- really nice quality, made with premium materials
- it’s comfortable to wear with adjustable sternum and waist straps and padded ventilated back
- great capacity (35 litres) but doesn’t look too bulky
- clever well thought out pockets that make it easy to access small items, laptop or liquids bag
- highly waterproof
- complies with carry on luggage for all major airlines
- comes with a laptop harness that fits up to 15.4″ laptops
- Dimensions: 21.5″ x 13.5″ x 8.5″ (55 x 35 x 20cm)
- Weight: 1.3 kg / 2.4 lbs including waist & sternum straps (1.1kg with straps removed)
- 5 year warranty
- made in a factory in Vietnam who look after their workers
Extras that make this travel bag even nicer
- packing cubes, washbag (that is compliant with airline security) and shoe bag that can be inserted into the bag to make packing a breeze.
These extras are available on their own or in a bundle to get better value.
Super cool feature – meet “Vaga”
The Vaga day-pack is the little brother of the Akra and fits neatly in the middle of it’s older sibling. Transfer the laptop harness into it and voilà – you have a smaller version for days out when you just need some everyday items with you.
Akra travel bag giveaway!
Arcido are giving away one of their Akra travel bags (worth £149) to one lucky French Moments’ reader!
How to enter
- Comment on the blog post below with your favourite place to travel in France.
- Giveaway closes on 1st February 2019 at 10am GMT we will randomly draw a winner. We use Fluky to draw the winner.
- You must live in either Europe, US or Canada.
- When you comment you must leave your email address which we will use to contact you.
- The winner will be notified by email on the 1st February and we’ll publish your name on the blog.
- The winner will need to respond with their mailing address and a contact number. If we don’t hear back by the 10th February 2019 we will draw another winner.
- French Moments will give your name, email and mailing address to Arcido who will send you the Akra bag directly. The bag does not include extra accessories but feel free to order these using the discount code above if you want to buy these.
- Any questions about the giveaway please email us at info[at]frenchmoments.com
UPDATE! 1st February 2019
We’ve just drawn the winner of the ARCIDO Akra travel bag giveaway using Fluky.io to make sure it’s random and the winner of the Akra bag giveaway is….(drumroll please…!) TOM O’LAUGHLIN!
Huge congratulations and we’ll send you a personal email in a moment to get your delivery address so Arcido can send this to you.
Arcido is still offering a generous 15% off across their product range to French Moments’ readers using the code FRENCHMOMENTS until 31 May 2019 for anyone interested.
Thank you for all your wonderful favourite holiday destinations – maybe we’ll feature some of the popular ones in future articles!
Special discount on Arcido travel bags for our readers!
Special discount on all Arcido travel bags and accessories for French Moments’ readers…
If you aren’t the lucky winner then you can still take advantage of 15% OFF Site Wide by using the code: FRENCHMOMENTS when you checkout on their site. Expiry: May 31st 2019
Inspired by what you’ve just read? Pin it for later: